If you are asked to choose between LARAVEL, NodeJS, and Ruby on Rails frameworks, which one should you go for?
Sounds tricky right? That’s because all of these are designed to make coding easy and excellent backend frameworks. Finding the best framework for web app development can be a tough challenge. It requires you to spend some time researching the features, pros, and cons of each of these three frameworks.
Understanding each web development framework is necessary because these are software packages for easing out complexities in web development. So, each has many built-in features which are quite standard in terms of web development. They help to cut down on development time and ensure a smooth and seamless transition from the development stage to the production stage.
LARAVEL is one of the leading developers of backend frameworks in terms of popularity; it uses the PHP language. It is versatile and easy to understand. It’s an open-source framework.
LARAVEL complies with the design of the model-view-controller and uses different components belonging to many frameworks for building a web app. LARAVEL web development is more pragmatic and organized. You will find it has a rather impressive collection of features integrating the main elements of PHP frameworks, including Yii, Codelgniter, and programming languages too like ROR.
So, if you already know Core and Advanced PHP you can comfortably use LARAVEL for better productivity. It is time-saving when you must build a website from scratch.
Another interesting thing about this framework is its security; it’s safe from web attacks.
Know Features of LARAVEL:
- Lightweight templates are the highlight of the LARAVEL framework which can be used for creating stunning layouts.
- Stable structures that have multiple widgets that integrate the JS and CSS codes.
- LARAVEL promotes the MVC structure allowing a separation between layers of presentation and business logic. It has many attractive features for improving application performance, usability, and protection.
- LARAVEL is known for being a secure framework offering robust security for web apps.
- Its migration system allows you to widen the database structure without having to make changes every time a code undergoes some change. This explains why the chances of data loss are minimal.
So, you can choose LARAVEL if you know the PHP language. It’s easy to follow and has concise documentation. You don’t have to write HTML codes and can benefit from faster testing and automation.
Know Features of NodeJS:
- All NodeJS APIs are non-blocking or asynchronous. This means that a server that is NodeJS-based won’t wait for APIs to return data. When called, the server switches over to the next API. A NodeJS Events notification feature then allows the server to receive an answer from the last API call.
- NodeJS makes use of a single-threaded model. This lets the server respond in a non-blocking way and makes it scalable. This is an advantage over conventional servers which produce limited threads when it comes to handling requests. NodeJS is capable of handling many more requests compared to servers like Apache HTTP server.
- This framework is cross-platform and may be processed into an executable including all dependencies with the right structure.
NodeJS in web development is a good choice because the total application performance in this is more than in other applications. It performs optimally when you build APIs. You can benefit from a great package manager and user support group. Another advantage of using this framework is that it lets you handle user requests much faster.
Ruby On Rails:
ROR is a server-side web app framework built using the Ruby language. The Ruby On Rails framework has multiple built-in features. Developers may use these for building feature-rich applications; they prefer using the framework since it offers a metaprogramming feature.
ROR framework is supported by JSON and XML which is useful for data exchange. It reduces development time, thanks to its latest features, and is far better suited for web app development because of its static compilation tool. Like LARAVEL, it’s also a model-view-controller framework that developers can use seamlessly to boost the performance of different web pages and services.
Know Features of ROR:
So, to build top backend apps using XML and JSON, developers can make use of the ROR framework. The Metaprogramming facility allows developers to work on the logic of web apps. This framework is perfect for creating custom web apps and eCommerce solutions.
- ROR supports System Garbage Collector that collects all symbols to ensure that web apps are safe from attacks.
- It supports Keyword arguments which is beneficial for developers and lowers memory consumption from the app.
- Businesses tend to lose out on customers because of the slow-loading problem of web apps. The ROR framework offers Turbolinks that reload only the body content instead of reloading the entire web app.
- ROR offers a rendering feature that allows developers to offer views outside the controller from anywhere.
- This backend framework may be used for customizing URLs; so, developers can make use of it to create search-friendly URLs.
- Unlike LARAVEL, you can easily change and upgrade web apps according to their performance capability.
Each of these frameworks has attractive features that make it unique and effective. Each has advantages and disadvantages; so, it’s important to weigh these to understand whether it’s a good fit for your goal. Ultimately, the decision depends on the kind of product you wish to create. It’s the project requirements that must be looked into when you plan on hiring Larvel, NodeJS, or ROR developers.